Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Effective Date: January 2021
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The ideal candidate will be well organized, professional, and polite and interact with all facets of the company’s operations (production, laboratory, sales/marketing, and management) and client base. The candidate should bring a strong work ethic and willingness to help out on any task.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Current administrative experience and/or compensation credentials or certification preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Position requires a fair amount of walking and standing and some light labor.
About the Company
Consolidated Analytical Systems, Inc. is a dynamic, small and quickly growing environmental engineering and manufacturing company currently based in Cleves, Ohio. We offer a fun, fast-paced workplace with a thriving company culture. Employee benefits about ranging from an onsite fitness center to a host of company-sponsored family outings. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities for you to grow with our company.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Makes travel arrangements for staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Completes data entry tasks.
Work Hours & Benefits
- Regular working hours Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Excellent company-paid health, dental, vision (completely company-paid for employees), FSA, 401(k), onsite fitness center, company-sponsored events/outings.
- While there may be some flexibility in schedule, this is an in-office position. Remote work not available.
Detailed Job Responsibility List
Shipping & Receiving
- Schedule LTL shipments via DSV portal
- Schedule UPS small package shipments via UPS Worldship
- Schedule international shipments (France or Jamaica)
- Prepare Bill of lading forms for shipping items from template
- Prepare commercial invoices when required from template
- Receive shipments into inventory
- Annual inventory count
- Pull inventory items for projects
- Receive items against Purchase Orders
- Enter credit card charges
- File packing slips
- Collect credit card receipts and check against statement
- Compile expense reports for employee travel
- Compile project folders upon job completion
- Create project folders on the server for new POs
- Maintain list of serial numbers of items
- Maintain list of invoices and method of delivery
- Issue tax exempt forms for vendors
- Perform count of final shelter builds
- Clean shelters prior to shipping
- Compile project documentation (manuals, instructions, calibration certificates) into binder
- Pickup items from local vendors (occasional)
- Purchase office snacks, coffee, fruit, etc
- Organize company lunches or events
- Help coordinate and arrange New-Hire activities (including drug screens)
- Answer phones
Qualified applicants are asked to send a current resume to